Wednesday, October 1, 2014

That is so Last Season!









  I believe I mentioned in the last post that I turned 35 this year.  So far turning 35 has not been that terrible.  However, I do find saying it out loud to be rather surreal.  I also can't stop saying it out loud.  "I'm 35.  i'm 35. I'M 35. I'M 35!!!  Yep, I'm obsessed with the idea, and the more I say it the less I can believe it.
   Not to beat a dead horse but turning 35 is weird.  I'm sorry but there is just no poetic way to put it. When I was but a mere tween, I used to daydream about the kind of woman I would be when I was 30.  30 was the oldest my tweenaged brain could comprehend!!!  Now I am 35, (had to write it one more time), and living a life that is surprisingly not much different than my daydreams.  
   OK, so I am not a renown photographer for, "National Geographic," magazine.  I am also not the first female archaeologist to discover an Egyptian pharaoh's tomb.  Alas, I am not a jet setting rock star, or an iconic artist whose works could only be compared to the likes of Frida Kahlo.  Huh, thinking back I had rather high expectations for myself.   My point is that these daydreams always revolved around the idea that I would someday become a highly creative, always passionate, and very independent woman.  If I think about my life goals in these terms I believe I have already achieved them at the considerably early age of 35.  
   While I have successfully achieved these desirable characteristics, I could kick myself for not embracing a more motivated plan on how to utilize them.  Why didn't I attempt to pursue a career involving more of my creative schooling?  How come I haven't yet traveled outside of the United States or Canada?  Would it have killed me to take a few choir classes, had it allowed me to someday rub elbows with the likes of Mick Jagger?  BAH!...those were last season's goals.  
   Speaking of last season, I feel obligated to relate this rant back to fashion somehow.  The purse I am carrying, pictured above, is a Vera Bradley bag that is several seasons old.  Much like the goals of my youth, it is so last season.  However, I still really like it.  Am I supposed to throw away a perfectly good handbag just because it is a little outdated, or can I hang on to these type of things because they make me happy?  Maybe it is time for me to take those singing lessons...in Italy...and I am fairly certain Vera Bradley designs luggage.
-r.



Sweatshirt:  Mossimo Supply Co.
Sandals:  Sanuk
Purse:  Vera Bradley
Necklace:  Gift made by my mom
Ring:  CONTESSA DI CAPRI
Sunglasses:  COACH




No comments:

Post a Comment