Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A Haute Hang-Up (Elofson)














Well, it's that time again.  It's time for me to introduce my second installment in the series of posts entitled "A Haute Hang-Up."  The concept behind these posts is to allow me to spotlight something I have been hardcore crushing on.  The subject of this particular post was kind of a, "no-brainer," for     me.  It just seemed logical to feature one of my favorite local vintage stores, Elofson.                          
   If you have been following my blog, (a huge Thank You!  Yes, that includes you too mom and dad.)  Sorry, returning to my point, if you have been following my blog you may have noticed a fair quantity of my wardrobe has been credited to Elofson.  Since she opened last winter, shop owner Jessica Farley Elofson, has been providing me, and the rest of Sioux Falls, SD, with fantastic clothes and company.  Did I mention her accessories are totally stellar as well?
   I like to think of myself as a supporter of local businesses.  Since I am employed by a local business, I feel a kinship to others who are representing a community that, over the years, I feel rather invested in.  Not only does the shop Elofson fit the criteria of being locally operated, it's owner is a purveyor of the, "support local," concept.  Her store often features regional talents in such fields as fine art and jewelry making.  
   I have to state that my favorite part of shopping at Elofson is not only the one of a kind vintage finds, but the company and attention I receive while shopping there.  Going to this store is an absolute pleasure.  I adore vintage clothing and so does this store's owner.  There is nothing more enjoyable than geeking out over fashion with someone who appreciates it as much as you do. Not only that, but at Elofson a customer can receive one on one attention and style suggestions that suit their personal tastes.  Just try getting this type of service at the mall!
  Alas, the above pictures represent only three pieces from this wonderful vintage store.  However, it is inevitable that in future posts there will be many more items featured.  I will mention the day I went out on the town in this outfit I got several reviews.  My boyfriend stated, "Wow, that's a bright shirt!"  Later, while at the Barnes & Noble Cafe, my barista said, "I love your outfit!"  Her statement then sparked a conversation among the other Cafe workers regarding the originality of my clothing.  This is when a guy working behind the counter said, "Wow, that's a bright shirt!" Basically, whether they love it or don't know what to make of it, the apparel at Elofson will get a girl noticed.  That is what I call a style bloggers dream.
-r.



Shirt:  Vintage (Charles Jourdan)  https://www.facebook.com/shopelofson
Jeans:  Kasil Workshop
Heels:  Franco Sarto
Scarf:  Vintage 
Bracelets:  Beaded:  Gift made by my mom  Braided:  Self made
Sunglasses:  Vintage (Playboy)  https://www.facebook.com/shopelofson
Elofson Website:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/ELOFSON 
Guest Model and Elofson Owner:  Jessica Farley Elofson




No comments:

Post a Comment