Sunday, October 29, 2017

Countdown to Halloween Series


The Witch


The Zombie Transformation


The Mad Scientist


The Woodsman's Princess



The Cocky Blogger




The Sidekick



The Vampire

  
The Victim


   I’ve been wrestling with the idea of this post all day.  While I’ve been enjoying the slow unveiling of each Halloween portrait, my OCD self has the absolute need to display all of these images in one spot.  Due to this compulsion I decided to post the remainder of my countdown this evening.  “Whew,” I can finally rest easy now that my series has been presented in full. Of course, I'll continue to post each image separately on social media until Halloween has officially ended.  I apologize for the monotony, but my obsessive brain simply won't allow me to do otherwise.  Basically, as a result, if you happen to be looking at this blog now you’re getting an early look at my grand finale.  I know you’re thrilled, right?
   Initially it seemed kind of like a cop-out to use Halloween as the topic for a personal style blog.  However, upon further reflection I realized it really isn’t that uncommon.  In fact, the other day I was trolling my favorite blog sites when I was suddenly confronted with the title, “Halloween Is Ruining My Wardrobe”…. or something similiar.  Honestly, I didn’t even take the time to read this piece due to the fact that it was a topic I'm already extremely familiar with.  “You’re preaching to the choir, sister,” I thought. 
   This Halloween season alone I made at least two trips to the thrift store each week in search of vintage treasures mistakenly labeled, “Halloween Costumes.”  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, there’s no better time of year for the fashion conscious to hit the thrift store circuit.  Not only does fall provide increased quality inventory at secondhand establishments, but it’s all neatly organized within a few easy aisles.  For a vintage clothing lover Halloween at the thrift store is like shooting fish in a barrel!  Of course, this time of year can get rather competitive among hipsters.  I mean, there are only so many purple silk windbreakers with fringe out there.  One may have to get aggressive in order to obtain them…which I did…and not a soul fought me for it.  Huh,…I thought it was a prize.   Of course, this statement is reminiscent of that title, “Halloween Is Ruining My Wardrobe.”  After one finds themselves aquiring as much weird shit as they can each fall they begin to realize over time that they have a closet jam packed with…well, weird shit.  I suppose it's not unlikely to anticipate I may want to someday wear a dress that is not covered in teal tassels.  However, I can’t imagine why…and you won’t be able to either after you see the absolute treasure I picked up at the Fargo Savers this season!
   Despite the fact that my closet has become dangerously close to being too kitschy, I must admit that the majority of my, "Countdown To Halloween Series," portraits don't feature this type of clothing.  Honestly, I’m dressed rather boring in most of these images.  Realizing this now, I find it very interesting that I deem myself, “scariest,” when I’m in my plain-clothes.  Of course, it doesn’t take a mad scientist to realize any outfit looks more funky when accompanied by a pair of glowing eyes.
-r.

No comments:

Post a Comment