Sunday, October 8, 2017

"Ayy! Nice shirt!"













   To be honest it's been near impossible for me to sit down and write this blog post.  The weather this weekend has been outstanding.  Between all of the sunshine and the fact that the Syfy Channel is currently playing their, "31 Days Of Halloween," marathon I'm getting a whole lot of nothing done.  Don’t be surprised if this post suddenly ends mid-sentence, considering all of the distractions.  Admittedly, B-Rated horror movies are one of my biggest weaknesses.  I mean, when you always have the hankering to watch, “C.H.U.D.,” you need to recognize there may be a problem.
   As a result, this post is kind of simple.  Sorry, but I’ve got sewer mutants to watch!  Basically I just wanted to comment on the outfit I’m wearing in the above photographs.  The day I took these pictures I was feeling fairly nostalgic.  I was thinking of the good old days of my youth, when I not only watched sewer mutants but I believed in them.  In addition, I'd been listening to a lot of the, “Singles,” soundtrack that week and this obviously inspired my outfit…which is odd considering there are no Nirvana songs represented on that album.  Sadly most of my band t-shirts from the 90’s either got lost, or stolen by my brother who inevitably wore them out.  Oh what a bad ass collection of vintage record store tees I would have now if only I could have taken care of things better back then!  It damn near makes me sick when I dwell on them. 
   Instead I own several generic band tees that I’ve found at establishments like…urp…can I even write it…Forever 21.  The shirt featured in the pictures above is one of them.  Despite the fact that I still do own one legitimate Nirvana tee with the sleeves cut off and the neck ripped out, I felt compelled to wear this version on my photo shoot day.  In order to make up for the, “poser,” quality of this garment I paired it with my favorite pair of thrift store jeans and some Mulberry sandals I’ve been dying to release from their box.  Overall, I was pretty pleased with the way this outfit turned out.  Dare I say, I was even feeling kind of cool.  I believe this is apparent due to the fact that at one point I seem to have found it necessary to roll my sleeves up like I was The Fonz.  Let me tell you, if there had been a jukebox around that afternoon I would have pounded on it! 
   After I was done taking pictures I found myself walking with a new swagger.  “I still got it,” I thought.  As I started up my car and exited the parking lot I looked over to a teenage couple that was walking into the entrance of the park.  “Oh that’s nice how he holds her han…What the hell?!” I thought.  Standing there, directly in front of my vehicle, was the grungiest teenage boy I have seen in quite some time…and guess what?  He was wearing the exact same t-shirt I was, only he was wearing it BETTER!!!
   My first impulse was to yet again pull a Fonz and yell out my window, “Ayyy! Nice shirt!”  However, considering how much more legit he looked, I opted instead to scoot down in my seat, lowrider style, and creepily glide by this couple hoping they didn't notice my outfit…as if they would be looking at an old lady like me.  In closing, there were two things I learned that day.  One...October really is the time for horror stories and this unfortunate occurrence certainly qualified…and two...there is no greater tale of horror than when The Fonz jumped the shark.  I should know.  I did it.
-r.

No comments:

Post a Comment