Sunday, November 5, 2017

The Days That I Did Things












   If I were being totally honest I would admit that today’s blog post is mostly about trying to ditch the last of my summer outfit pictures…that, and getting this thing written so I can finally binge watch the second season of, “Stranger Things,” on Netflix.  Um…as a side note, is anyone else totally impressed with what Netflix has been putting out lately?  “Mindhunter,” owned me for three days!  This being stated, I believe it’s probably obvious I’ve been wasting a large portion of my time lately in front of the tube.  Basically, in my mind winter has already begun and it’s time to hibernate.
   Of course, even in the summer hibernation is not that foreign of a concept for me.  I’m quite comfortable holing myself up with a good book at my favorite Starbucks or the public library.  However, I'll state that venturing out to even these inconspicuous locations is becoming a bit of a challenge.  In fact, it was just yesterday I found myself in my favorite comfy chair at the library.  I had settled in to read about two hours of a thriller I’ve been currently devouring.  This stop between errands was to be an early reward for my inevitable biweekly grocery trip to…gasp!...Walmart.  Keeping that horrid task in mind, I had limited time for, “leisure,” and I wasn’t in the mood for distractions.  Unfortunately, not everyone seems acquainted with the concept that libraries are supposed to be a quiet place.  As a result, the majority of my time there was spent listening to some jerk’s cell phone conversation with his girlfriend.  This is why bookworms are so antisocial.  I don't care what time your girlfriend is demanding you get home!...I've got a killer to catch!  
   Of course, apart from this issue, it hasn’t been that challenging to stay home lately. Unfortunately, I’ve already experienced two head colds this fall that damn near killed me.  I seriously found myself worrying, “My God! Can I suffocate from phlegm?!”  
   Looking at the pictures above does make me smile at the recollection of summer.  Yes, last summer…a time where I did find myself, “actually doing,” quite a few things!  For instance, on the days these pictures were taken I had attended a rodeo and gone to a lake.  I can’t help but laugh now at the realization that I had theme dressed for both occasions.  I feel like maybe there's a group available for this kind of problem.  “Hi, My name is Rayna and I theme dress.”
   I guess I look forward to the idea of actually, “doing things,” again.  However, it’s hard when there are so many kitschy, “Degrassi,” episodes left to watch…or killers to be exposed in the next hundred pages…or Stevie Nicks pictures to pin on my Pinterest board…or handbags to put on my ultimate wish list…or ‘S’mores to microwave and eat…or cats to cuddle and converse with…or Woody Guthrie albums to spin on the turntable…or fashion houses to follow on Instagram...or Post Malone videos to watch on YouTube...or garbage pail kid punk rock jackets to be made…or…  You know, maybe I am doing stuff?  Better yet, I think I can theme dress for all of these activities.  A flannel shirt and sweat pants sounds good.  Whew…perfect!  I’m right on track then.
-r. 

4 comments:

  1. The title is, "Unsub". I don't know if I would label it quality literature, but it's a page turner and gave me the wiggins more than once. I will recommend it to you on Goodreads so you can check out the summary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The less quality the better right now, I just need some good ol fashioned mindless entertainment outside of Ash vs the Evil Dead, which is wonderful, bt dubs. Also theme outfits is all I believe in, so preach. How was halloween?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halloween was a total bust. I was sick as hell and actually left work that day to pass out at home. I hope yours was better than mine! Also, thanks for reminding me of Ash vs. the Evil Dead. I have been wanting to check it out.

      Delete