Sunday, May 31, 2015

Monkey See, Monkey Do














    Most individuals can define their heroes.  Some people look up to sports icons.  In passing, I've often heard names like LeBron, Durant, and Kobe while referring to examples of amazing athletic prowess. Of course, the only reason these names stuck with me was because I was informed that each one of these individuals have their own shoe line.  Now that's something to get excited about!
   Other types tend to have heroes of a more economic persuasion.  Oddly enough, this is not much different than worshiping the, "Sports Gods."  Word around town is they seem to do fairly decent in the money department as well.  At this point, I feel like I should probably throw out some references to multimillionaire athletes.  However, I just named the three I'm currently familiar with so that's a bit of a bummer.   
    So, moving on... then there are people like me who worship the, "arty," types.  Luckily, the world is full of creative people.  I've never had an issue finding talented individuals to look up to in the realms of music, art, and literature.  For this particular post I would like to focus my attention on one of my favorite fashion bloggers, Jane Aldridge, the creator of, "Sea of Shoes."  
   The thing is, I know very little about this style blogger's actual life.  She is not one of those writers that goes into great detail about her personal character.  She keeps her blog posts short and to the point of fashion only.  Sometimes, I wish I could be more like this type of style blogger. Unfortunately, (especially, for my readers), I tend to ramble off subject quite a bit and find myself using this blog as a platform for many odd topics ranging from my fear of the Ebola virus to the mice that ravaged my vehicle last winter.  Somehow, in my world, these topics seem to correlate well with the subject of style.  
   Anyway, returning to the true topic of this post, I have a deep respect for the fashion sense of Ms. Jane Aldridge, "Style Blogger Extraordinaire." Oh how I wish I would have had even a thimble full of her taste in clothing while I was in my twenties!  Instead at that time, I was sucking down many thimble fulls of beverages one may find in a crappy mini bar.  Ah, if I could only time travel back and change my priorities.  Who knows what kind of shoe collection I could have by now?  What I do know is what kind of shoes Jane Aldridge is wearing, as well as belts, bags, and stunning one of a kind vintage pieces.  Like I mentioned earlier, we all have our heroes.  These are individuals we aspire to be like.  If Jane says lime green is the new black, well then call me Kermit from now on.  
   Recently, "Sea of Shoes," featured a post declaring the collection of New Balance sneakers designed specifically for Bergdorf's department store Jane Aldridge's favorite comfy shoes.  This specific post featured several pictures of her frolicking around town in these little beauties.  All of a sudden this fashion blogger had the undying urge to strap on a pair of New Balance's and walk somewhere...anywhere...as long as people could see me wearing what my favorite blogger endorsed. Sad, right?...WRONG!  Wrong, not because I had to have them out of hero worship.  Admittedly, that is all kinds of sad.   Wrong, because these are some of the comfiest shoes I have ever worn in my life! Finally, I can see why people feel capable of physical activity while wearing sneakers.  They actually make one comfortable enough to engage in sporty type behavior.  Who the heck knew?! ...and why didn't they inform us arty types?  So thank you Jane Aldridge for not just cluing me in to a super cute pair of shoes, but also for bridging the gap between the jocks and freaks.  There may be an extremely stylish future in diplomacy for you.     
-r.



Jacket:  Thirfted (Member's Only)
Shirt:  Dana Buchman
Jeans:  Kasil Workshop
Sneakers:  New Balance
Tote Bag:  Vintage (Guess)
Hat:  Olive Juice
Bracelet:  Vintage
Jane Aldridge's Sea of Shoes Blog:  http://www.seaofshoes.com/

     

No comments:

Post a Comment