Sunday, June 8, 2014

"crazy lady with A cat"















   Have you ever had a moment in the middle of night where you are inexplicably beckoned from sleep?  I write beckoned because I am not not describing a situation where one is suddenly jolted from the depths of a nightmare.  I am referring to a situation where one may, for some unknown reason, calmly wake in the middle of a peaceful sleep with the sneaking suspicion that something is a little off.  I had one of these type of occurrences a few weeks ago and it is still making me smile.
   The reason I find this situation amusing is because upon my late night unexpected return to consciousness I looked across my bedroom and noticed a dark figure pulling a balancing act on the railing of our second story loft!  At the time, I was groggy and confused by this strange shape traveling at a fairly high rate of speed for such a perilous act.  I sat straight up in bed and screeched in horror when I realized this shape was in fact my beloved, but apparently suicidal cat.
   I was inspired to devote this post to him because of the scarf I wore the day I photographed the above images.  To be truthful, I have never considered myself a huge, "cat person."  Maybe I am just leery of the looming, "crazy cat lady," stigma all of us unwed thirty something women seemed destined for.  However, when it comes to my furry friend , it is of course a different story.  Without seeming too odd, I like to think of him as kind of magical.  He came to my boyfriend and I's doorstep as a stray one evening in the middle of a fairly severe rainstorm and seemed very certain that he was supposed to be living in our home.  He has a very expressive face and by the looks of it I can't help but wonder if he knows things I do not.  This certainly includes activities like witching hour trapeze acts while everyone else is sleeping.  Lastly, he is of course a cat and my astrological sign is Leo.  If that isn't magic, I don't know what is.  Reading this back to myself I fear I may actually be the, "crazy lady with A cat," rather than the, "crazy cat lady."
   This being stated, my cat remains a sort of mystery to me.  I don't know where he came from.  I'm not sure why he chose to stay with me .  I obviously have no idea what his activities involve while I am not around.  Above all, I cannot figure out that animal's mood swings.  I wonder if this is how my boyfriend feels about me?
-r.



Jacket:  TOMMY HILFIGER  usa.tommy.com
Jeans:  Silver Jeans  www.silverjeans.com
Boots:  HUNTER Boot Ltd
Purse:  The Limited
Scarf:  Vintage (Elaine Gold)
Lipstick:  Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss (01)
Cat:  -c.




No comments:

Post a Comment