Sunday, March 9, 2014

Lions, and Tigers, and...Coyotes?










   If it is not already obvious by some of these pictures, I will state that I often frequent some pretty rural settings.  Now this is not to say that I live or often hang out in a barn but lets just leave it at, I could if I wanted to.  The funny thing about barns, especially old and out of use ones, are that you never quite know what you may find in them.  Being a person who was not raised on a farm, I often find myself a little anxious when entering an old barn.  I want it to be noted that yes, I do admire the history and rustic charm that an abandoned barn has to offer.  On one occasion while exploring an abandoned outbuilding, I found a devotional medal nailed to the inside wall.  It made me reflect on the original purpose of the building and who must of placed this item there.  Despite this fond memory I continue to keep in mind the idea, you never know what you may find in an abandoned building.  
   On the day these pictures were taken all my boyfriend and I found in this barn where some fairly sweet pigeons hiding in the rafters.  However, I will admit I did not dig around in the hay to find out what other critters may have been snuggled in for warmth.  I have learned the hard way, while in the country, one is often exposed to surprise wildlife.  
   Writing about this topic reminds me of an evening last month when my boyfriend and I watched a coyote, outside our picture window, munch on something in our yard for over an hour.   Like I stated earlier, I frequent some pretty rural settings.  Therefore, I will continue to be cautious of what I may find in an old barn.  
-r.



Coat:  MARC by MARC JACOBS
Jacket:  Hazel
Sweatshirt:  DKNY pure
Jeans:  Kasil Workshop  http://www.kasilworkshop.com/
Boots:  HUNTER Boot Ltd
Purse:  Vintage
Necklace:  Waxing Poetic  http://www.waxingpoetic.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment