Sunday, July 15, 2018

New Computer, Old Cap










   Whew!  Well, that was a close one.  It probably didn’t dawn on my reader...s? that I didn't post last week on this blog.  I don’t blame anyone for not noticing.  Life will most certainly go on without, “Little House Of Haute.”  Interestingly enough, this is something I doubted at one time.  Last week when I missed my post I found myself looking to the heavens for the thunderbolt that was destined to come down on me as some sort of punishment for breaking routine.  Guess what?...nothing happened.  Not only was I not smote for missing a post, I was able to free up a lot of time to well…  Alright yeah, I just went to coffee and read my book…but man, was that liberating!
   Uh…I think it’s relevant to mention that not only did I miss my post, but I did not go to Starbucks for coffee on my day of rebellion.  I've found a new jam when it comes to java! While I’ll never stop bumming at the ‘bucks, its been nice to give something else a try.  “Give something else a try?!” you exclaim.  Yeah, I don’t know what’s going on with me lately.
   Of course, I’d be lying if I said I skipped posting out of my own freewill.  In reality, my laptop finally took a crap on me and I was without a computer for about six days.  SIX DAYS I did not have the ability to internet shop!  Again, the world did not end.  Who knew?  Now that I finally have my new machine I can’t believe I waited so long to get one.  I don't remember the last time my keyboard had all of it’s buttons.  I also find it so much easier to carry without that large dent in it's side.  Finally, while I loved the nickname, “Shocky,” I must admit the lack of anticipation of electrocution by a ragged exposed charger cord is rather nice. 
   So I guess one could say I’ve got a lot going on in my life right now.  I mean, new computer…new coffee house…I’m like a whole new person!  Of course, the pictures above remind me that some things never change.  For example, the hat I’m wearing in these photographs is one I acquired on a trip to Pittsburgh, PA about eleven years ago.  Guess how many times I’ve worn it.  Exactly one…I’ve worn this hat one time since purchasing it.  Eh…my only justification is…I was waiting for just the right time to bring it out? Yep, I've got nothing.  All I can state is this old hat, that has been a fixture in my closet for so long, is now new to me.  It seemed Rayna...ish when I bought it and apparently remained Rayna...ish to this day.  The line between old and new seems to have been blurred by one article of clothing. 
   In closing, recently I might find myself indulging in new behaviors that make this hopelessly OCD individual a tad unsettled.  However, I want to remind myself that wherever I choose to drink my decaf vanilla latte, I can take comfort in the constant concept of, "Rayna just loves coffee."
-r.

No comments:

Post a Comment