Sunday, April 29, 2018

Just Bloody Wear It!











   It’s finally that transitional time when the seasons are changing and my ensembles are going to stop making sense.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m absolutely thrilled that winter seems to have left the Midwest.  However, I still have sweater clad pictures to post!  You can bet this narcissist will not be trashing any of her hard earned glamour shots in the name of featuring weather appropriate apparel.  As a result, I apologize in advance to the few readers I have.  Once again Rayna is going to be dressed a tad odd.
   Of course looking different is certainly not a new concept for me.  In fact, it seems to be something I encounter on a daily basis.  I find this odd considering I don’t think my personal style is really that outlandish.  In addition, I have no notable rebellious or shocking alterations to my appearance.  By this I mean I have absolutely no tattoos…no florescent hair…and my ears are the only things I’ve ever pierced…and that was once, when I was in 2nd grade…which, I guess at the time made me feel pretty bad ass.  Considering all of this, I can’t help but wonder why I feel so darned out of place when I go out in public.
   Not that feeling out of place is necessarily a bad thing.  In fact, on most occasions I quite like the attention.  However, I’m often confused on why this happens.  There have been several times that I've dressed in what I considered very, “meh,” ensembles and people have responded enthusiastically about, “my quirky style.”  I always take these comments as compliments (whether they are intended to be or not) while thinking , “Whew!  I guess I still got it!”
   Of course there is always that rare occasion when I do find myself self-conscious of something I’ve put on.  Now mind you, this is not something that happens often.  I'm fairly confident wearing any ridiculous outfit I put together as long as it photographs well against my magic barn wall.  If you’ve read this blog before you know the wall I speak of.  Again, I find myself apologizing to my readers for lack of creativity when it comes to background scenery in my portraits.  However, this is supposed to be a, “fashion blog,” so technically I feel I could argue it’s solely the outfit that should carry the image.  
   Of course, there have been several occasions that my ensembles have looked severely questionable in my pictures, and depending on my motivation that particular day I’ve either opted to change or simply, “just bloody wear it!”  That last quoted bit I had to throw in due to the fact that it's my new favorite hashtag to troll on Instagram.  Of course, I don’t feel near worthy enough to actually use it on my own posts…sigh…
   Interestingly enough, even though I don’t feel the confidence to post with this hashtag, I find myself repeating these words in my closet often.  I pick up, yet another weirdo piece of clothing, and brood, “Why don’t I have any normal grown-up clothes?”  For example, in some of the pictures above I’m wearing a vintage Playboy turtleneck sweater.  Upon finding it at a local antiques store I was absolutely stoked.  Unfortunately, the day I put it on I suddenly felt self-conscious.  “Is this really what a mature adult woman should be parading around in?” I silently fretted.  “Does this sweater just make me look like a desperate almost middle aged woman sadly clinging to the concepts of youth and beauty?”  “Ah well,” I caved.  “Just bloody wear it Rayna!”  Of course, a few days later I found myself showing these pictures to a very attractive and much younger acquaintance of mine.  “Is that a Playboy sweater?!" she screeched.  “Uh...yeah," I answered rather sheepishly.   “I LOVE IT!!! You have THE BEST clothes!”  “Score one for the desperate old lady,” I thought smiling.
-r.

No comments:

Post a Comment