Saturday, April 14, 2018

Is the cabin causing my fever?













   I have such a bad case of cabin fever I just trudged out to my dumpster in an attempt to entertain myself.  Unfortunately, this is as far as I will go for what appears to be an indefinite amount of time.  Yes folks, my neck of the woods is experiencing another, “spring,” blizzard, and this one is a real humdinger.  It’s so severe out there that during my morning constitutional it dawned on me that I may not want to walk all the way to the side of the barn where the dumpster is located.  Basically, when visibility is so poor you find it hard to see something the size of a barn it’s probably time to call it a day.  However this manic lady was determined to throw away her trash while spending some time outside....even if I had to tie a rope around my waist in order to find home again.  I’m considering taking another stroll later when the dog has to go out.  That journey should be less perilous, considering I believe she has a much better sense of direction than I ever will.
   All joking aside, this weather is terrible.  As a result, town has almost completely closed down.  Considering where I live this is almost unheard of.  We are people of the northern plains for God’s sake!  A place where every local wears a Carhartt and Mad Bomber hat while driving their pickup truck made snow plow.  Admittedly, my household alone has all of these things plus a couple of skid loaders.  Considering this, my boyfriend and I still aren’t attempting to leave home today.  I repeat, the weather is so foul it's keeping two people at home who brave every blizzard in order to slack off at the cheap seats.  People...there is no better proof that it’s bad out there.
   I suppose the upside to this weather is that it's giving me the opportunity to catch up on posting my stockpile of winter ensembles.  I was starting to become concerned that I would be featuring fur coats during seventy degree weather.  Looking at the above images now, I’m reminded that there are a few advantages to colder weather.  For example, the vintage faux fur coat I’m wearing in these pictures was an extremely lucky Savers find that still leaves me on the edge of hysteria.  I scored this baby for only twenty bucks and I can confidently state I don’t think any article of clothing makes me feel more glamorous. 
   I look at these pictures now and marvel at the fact that I haven’t taken one self-portrait since Easter Sunday.  Seriously, the weather on the weekends has been so bad I’ve barely even bothered to change out of my jammies.  For a minute, I feared I may be losing interest in the art of personal style.  However, then I found myself in the middle of another blizzard Netflix binge of, “Grace And Frankie,” and I happily acknowledge that I’m just biding my time until I can construct the perfect hybrid look of modern hippie meets nautical.  Needless to say, it’s most likely going to be an odd looking summer. 
   Of course today it’s probable that I will be sporting jammies with my old Mad Bomber hat…a little gem in my closet that pumps my personality with something more like grit than glamour.  If I find myself outside later I anticipate trying to find shelter in the barn, rather than using it as a picture backdrop.  Lastly, I hope to endure this…what I hope to be…last little bit of winter with some style and, “Grace,” because as soon as summer hits it’s most likely going to be a mess of, “Frankie,” all over this place.
-r.

No comments:

Post a Comment