Sunday, May 6, 2018

"There is a season"...













      I think it’s only fair to admit that this is a cop out post.  Honestly it seems like a tragedy, considering the above images are some of the best I’ve taken for quite some time.  However, it finally feels like summer and I can’t help but feel like I’ve got better shit to do than sit indoors and write! 
   Keeping the beautiful weather in mind, I want to state that I now feel inspired to skip over my profane back stock of winter photos. I want to start posting some current stuff!  Who made the rule that all of my blog pictures have to be posted chronologically?   While I know my OCD brain will struggle with this, I can’t help but feel more satisfied celebrating the long anticipated arrival of the sun.  However, don’t be surprised if once in a while I throw in a post featuring mittens.  Yep, all hell has broken loose in this lady’s world.  I’m going to post what my heart tells me.  It will be so nice to finally give my annoying head a rest!
   However, before we get into my carefree hippie summer I do need to address the images in the above post.  I can proudly state this is an outfit that was composed almost fully of secondhand items.  The result is definitely one of my favorite ensembles…like…ever.  I can’t believe all of the amusing comments I’ve gotten from acquaintances regarding it.  So far I’ve had people state it reminds them of a Russian spy and a WWI soldier.  I also had one friend write it looked like I was some sort of woodswoman who was about to ride off on a moose.  I guess the reason I enjoyed all of these reactions is simply because everyone had an opinion of who I looked like, and it seemed unanimous that it wasn’t Rayna. 
   In my opinion, one of the best parts of fashion is the ability to transform oneself into another, “character,” simply through clothing.  I find it very liberating to think I can choose to be someone else for a day.  Looking back at these pictures I almost think I was a different person at that time.  I can’t think of a more introspective way to say goodbye to a rather depressing winter.
-r.

No comments:

Post a Comment