Sunday, November 22, 2015

"Dem Jeans"









 



   Yes, it’s true.  I decided to title this post after a Chingy song.  For those of you who may not be familiar with this fine piece of song writing, “Dem Jeans,” is a little hip hop ditty that’s chorus goes a little bit like this, “Daum Girl  How’d you get all that in Dem Jeans, Dem Jeans?  How’d you get all that in Dem? Daum Girl.”  One should really just physically hear me sing it.  Not trying to brag or anything, but for a 36 year old Midwestern white woman I feel like I got some swagger…pff, I can’t even pull off that lie in print.  The truth is, “Dem Jeans,” is a, "Daum," fun tune about women looking foxy in their jeans.  Deep, I know.
   Except, maybe this song is deeper than it first seems.  I mean, we’re living in a time where even seeing a woman wearing jeans is a rarity.  Everywhere I look I see women in leggings and yoga pants.  The horrific truth seems to be spandex is in and denim is out.  Considering the great Chingy released, “Dem Jeans,” in 2006 one has to wonder if he had some sort of prophetic message he was trying to convey in these lyrics.  I’m thinking something like, “Daum Girl Anyone can get all that in cheap knits, cheap knits.  Why’d you get all of that in cheap knits?!”  Really, I think I should have been writing Chingy’s lyrics.  Had we just altered his song slightly the world may have avoided the tragic epidemic of knit pants.
   However, I digress.  The real reason I named this post after, “Dem Jeans,” was due to the way the jeans I’m wearing in the above pictures make me feel.  You see, this particular pair of pants makes me feel foxy, even though they have absolutely no right to.  Let me tell you why.  I found these jeans on the men’s rack at my local Savers store.  They have a high waist, are Rustler brand, and at least a size too big for me making them fairly ill fitting.  Combine this with the fact that I don’t possess the most perfect posterior, and what it comes down to is a lot of bystanders scratching their heads and thinking, “Daum Girl Why’d you try to wear that?”  Okay, I promise to stop now. 
   I will admit I have many other pairs of jeans that compliment my appearance better.  However, they don’t make me feel like this pair does because these are my favorites.  I say they’re my favorites because I have the guts to wear them even though I don’t look, “perfect,” in them.  To put it simply, these jeans make me feel kinda bad ass.  It’s like I’m doing something wrong just by wearing them and I don’t care.  Just look how confident I can be in these jeans!  It makes a girl feel cool, which in my mind makes her appear hot.  You know, stating this now makes me wonder if maybe that’s how all the ladies wearing leggings feel.  “I don’t look perfect and I don’t care.  Just look how bad ass and foxy I can be in these ugly pants!”  Huh, well ain’t that a bitch.
-r.



Sweater Vest:  Thrifted
Jeans:  Thrifted (Rustler)
Socks:  Ozone  http://www.ozonesocks.com/
Shoes:  Libby Edelman
Purse:  Thrifted
Necklace:  Alfani









No comments:

Post a Comment