Monday, February 3, 2014

All Dressed Up and Nowhere to Go









   There is nothing more frustrating than, "cabin fever."  Unfortunately for me, living in the Midwest during February provides many opportunities to be home bound due to weather.  The morning my boyfriend and I took these pictures was exactly one of these days.
   While in the planning stages for this style blog, I intended to use the blogs I follow as inspiration for pictures.  I have noticed that the majority of fashion bloggers use the outdoors in order to showcase their looks. I assume this is due to the benefit of natural light, as well as pleasant, yet non-distracting, backgrounds.  In addition, as an employee at a local greenhouse I also like to think of myself as an advocate of nature.  This being stated, I am not going to risk frostbite in order to get the perfect picture.
   Hence, the indoor pictures presented here.  Please excuse the mess. I really wasn't intending on company.  I believe there is a vacuum in the background of one of these photos, but I just cannot justify using a day off work for cleaning!
   Don't get me wrong, I did eventually brave the elements for a mandatory Starbucks run.  Of course, that ended with my vintage sunglasses flying off my face in the wind and me crawling around a snowy parking lot looking for them.  Yep, that's just me though, glamorous as always.
-r.




Coat:  Mossimo Supply Co.
Jacket:  Banana Republic
Jeans:  Silver Jeans
Shoes:  Naturalizer
Purse:  Vintage
Scarf:  The Limited
Sunglasses:  Vintage https://www.facebook.com/shopelofson




2 comments:

  1. I checked out the website for the bee brooch. Really nice and they offer more than one style, very affordable and it pays a fair trade wage to international artists. Very cool. I may have to get one. Thanks for the posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you liked the brooch! I really like many of the products that Honey House Naturals has to offer, (especially the bee bars and lip butter).

    ReplyDelete