Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Haute Hall of Fame (Kate Moss)















    I know what you're thinking, "Kate Moss, a little obvious."  I will admit, to nominate her into a, "Hall of Fame," for style is pretty predictable but I just can't help myself.  I am a fan.
   I got the concept for the, "Haute Hall of Fame," post from one of my favorite blogs, "The Clothes Horse." This blogger often writes posts entitled, "Style Crush," which focus on individuals that inspire her personal look.  While I realize I will never duplicate the outstanding beauty and fame of Kate Moss, I continue to admire her countless photographs and respectfully think of her as the human embodiment of fashion.
   This being stated, I am aware that she is a real person.  I do understand that the pictures I hold in such high esteem are not a true reflection of Kate's personal style.   However, in this case I am not interested in personal style.  The pictures I admire are a reflection of pure fashion illustrated by the captivating appearance of one woman.  Whether her picture portrays the infamous images of, "Heroin Chic," or a luxurious look dripping in Haute Couture, she constantly remains a style icon.  I used to hang these pictures on the walls of my teenage bedroom.  Now, being a grown woman, I wear her picture on a t-shirt.  For me, her image constantly remains the trademark of style.
 So yes, I have chosen Kate Moss as my first inductee of the, "Haute Hall of Fame,"  and I agree the choice was obvious.
-r.




Jacket:  Vintage
T-Shirt:  Mooks
Jeans:  Miss Me
Shoes:  Sperry Top-Sider
Necklace:  Thrifted
Bracelets:  Thrifted






No comments:

Post a Comment