Sunday, February 9, 2014

Long Cool Woman











    Have you ever defined a tune as your theme song?  Personally, I strongly believe in the importance of an individual's theme song.  This concept is hardly unique.  To this day I cannot hear Barry White's, "You are the First, the Last, My Everything," without thinking of, "The Biscuit," from TV's "Ally McBeal."  The shy and socially awkward character would often stare hopelessly into the bathroom mirror and hear this song in his head.  Usually, by the time the main chorus would play he would swagger out of his workplace restroom a confident and deeply changed man.  Yes, I believe in the power of a theme song. I also believe in the power of Barry White but that's a different topic altogether.
   This being stated, on the day I took these photos I took a mini road trip and came across the song, "Long Cool Woman (In a Black Dress)" by The Hollies on the radio.  I suddenly found myself driving faster, singing louder, and if I could have screeched the car to a halt and gotten out to swagger, I would have. 
    As a result, yet another theme song has been discovered.  It may have been released in 1972 but man, those guys were on to something there.  I didn't even need the, "Black Dress," to feel cool.  In my opinion, the lyrics could have been a, "Long Cool Woman (In a Denim Skirt)," but I guess that doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
-r.



Coat:  Tulle
Shirt:  7 for all mankind
Vest:  Daytrip
Skirt:  GAP 1969
Boots:  Ruff Hewn
Purse:  Banana Republic
Necklaces:  Eagle Pendant:  Free People  Military Dog Tag:  my own Grandpap's
Nail Polish:  Sally Hansen (Dive Deeper)
Song:  "Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)" by The Hollies http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qKOv3VBJcc

No comments:

Post a Comment