Sunday, June 24, 2018

Looky What I Got!












   I think it’s fair to state, “Rayna got a new purse and wants to show it off!”  I was beyond excited to learn that Coach was doing a collection featuring the artwork of Keith Haring.  In my opinion, Coach overall has been nailing it lately which has been very bad for my pocketbook.  Especially since the Haring pieces came out shortly after the Elvis Presley series.  What the hell Coach?!  Are you reading my mind?!  All you have to do is create the Hello Kitty collection and this broke woman is going to have to actually live in her handbags. 
   I’m happy to report the latest Disney line is not my cup of tea.  Thank God, I may now get a short reprieve until the next gut-wrenchingly awesome collection comes out.  I can see it now…”Coach redefines the many bags of Janis Joplin and Grace Slick!”  If that ever happens this purse junkie will be forced to check herself into rehab…with what money I really don’t know. 
   While I adore the fact that one of my favorite brands is spot on when it comes to my interests I can’t help but feel legitimate pain towards the fact that I simply can't afford to buy the entire collections.  In fact, usually I’m lucky to obtain one item from a beloved series.  It doesn’t seem fair that by the time I save up enough coin to purchase another piece everything is sold out!  Don’t these people know how much I love Haring!  I mean, this former art major grew up in the 1980’s listening to, “A Very Special Christmas,” on vinyl mostly because my childhood self adored the album cover.  Well if that isn’t reason for me to own the entire Coach/Haring collection I don’t know what is!
   Unfortunately, for now I must be satisfied with the one bag featured in the photographs above.  Honestly, I’m more than satisfied with it.  I cherish it.  I even decided to spring for the matching purse charm and couldn’t be happier.  When I walk around town wearing this thing I feel like a rock star. In fact, this feeling was solidified the day I took these pictures.  I was doing a quick cruise through my favorite Goodwill when a young sales dude with long green hair and Buddy Holly specs yelled at me, “I love your Haring bag!”  “YES!!!” I thought… “confirmation that the rural Midwest still knows what’s up and this old lady can keep on pretending to be a cool.”
-r.

No comments:

Post a Comment