Saturday, June 2, 2018

"Lost In Sp...are Time"












   “Whew!”  Well, that was weird.  I’m sad to report that last week was the first in, “Little House Of Haute,” history that I did not publish a blog post.  I simply didn’t feel like it.  Let’s take a moment to reflect on that.  Last week was the first time since this blog’s 2014 inception that I didn’t feel like rambling on about mindless crap.  What has the world become?!
   To be totally honest I was still babbling gibberish last Sunday. However, it was to real people instead of a computer screen.  Tonight I sit here pondering which form of communication I prefer.  While it was definitely nice to have some people…actually, it turned out to be a whole lot of people…which started to freak me out after a while…over to the house for the holiday weekend, I will state, this creature of habit is much more comfortable talking at an empty Word document.  After last weekend’s socializing extravaganza this exhausted blogger found herself literally out of things to say.
   The odd thing about shirking last week’s post was that it felt totally natural.  All this week I waited for feelings of regret, intense guilt, or even a random lightning bolt to hit me.  However nothing ever happened!  I skipped my weekly post and the world kept turning!  “My God!”  I wondered.  “Maybe I could do this more often.”
   While I think it's fairly obvious I immensely enjoy writing, what I consider, witty commentaries on my life it does take an enormous amount of time.  It also has occurred to me that other personal style bloggers…"eh hem"…much more successful in the field never seem to write much to accompany their pictures.  Perhaps that’s one of the reasons they prosper.  They don’t put their readers through a weekly endurance test.  Lastly, I've been really ruminating on the idea that all the time I’ve spent writing these posts I could have probably been actually telling these anecdotes to real people…like face to face.  Basically, blogging has hurt my social life in a big way.
   Right….because I would’ve been out on the town every time I was blogging.  Okay yeah, that’s not even slightly believable.  However, I will state sometimes I do find these mini essays to be a chore.  Especially when I could be reading that insane thriller novel I just started or catching up on the next episode of, “Lost In Space.”  In addition, Instagram certainly makes it easy to continue posting glamour shots while not committing to a lengthy commentary. 
   Of course, we all know the madness of, “Little House Of Haute,” will not end.  I just can’t part with it.  It’s played too big of a role in my leisure life.  What in the world would I do without it?  I suppose I could go record shopping.  In fact, the day I took the above pictures that’s exactly what I did and I had a wonderful time.  However you can be damn sure I got my blog post written before I did it.
-r.

No comments:

Post a Comment