Sunday, March 19, 2017

"O Canada..."













   I think it’s safe to state, “I’m desperate for spring.”  I know it’s probably hard to tell since I keep posting pictures of me wearing long wool skirts.  However, underneath all that fabric there are legs that are desperate for…well, long denim shorts.  What can I say?  There’s just something about warm weather that really inspires me to let loose.  This lady is prepared to show some leg…below the knees, that is.
   Basically, I’m just ready to see the sun again.  Of course daylight savings time did help.  Unfortunately right after this change took place I got seriously sick for the second time this season!  Please pardon my, “Woe is me,” moment here but as I’m writing this I’m still in the throes of major discomfort.  My face is throbbing, my nose and lips are chapped, and I’ve been wearing the same hoodie…hood up, mind you…for about twenty six hours now.  I also have a pile of wadded up Kleenex balls by the bed that rivals the height of my nightstand.  Oh yeah, people warned me that the first year of working in childcare would result in a type of, “germ initiation,” but honestly I had no idea just how rotten I’d feel…and look.  My God did I look bad this morning!  Honestly I think I have PTSD from my reflection.  No glamor shot will ever be able to wipe that image from my mind.
   All joking aside, there comes a point each winter that I become extremely depressy.  Today I hit that point.  It started with the fact that I was simply not feeling well.  Of course my foul mood progressed when I finally realized at around 4:00PM it was St. Patty’s Day and what seemed like the entire Facebook population was out, “Whooping it up.”  Meanwhile, I was lying in what smelled like a vat of Vick’s VapoRub watching my eleventh episode of, “Degrassi Next Class,” on Netflix.  Please, go ahead and judge.  I’m well aware of how bad my taste in TV shows can be.  However, in my defense, “Degrassi,” was a hilariously entertaining show back in the day so I was curious.  Yes, it was solely curiosity that made me watch eleven episodes in a row.
   I guess I could argue it was also curiosity that made me fall off the wagon with my Etsy addiction again.  I will state, “It is St. Patrick’s Day and I’m willing to bet many individuals displayed a major lack of control today.”  I’m eternally grateful that my faux pas came in the form of fashion.  My only explanation is sitting here, sniffling in the ugliest hooded sweatshirt one can imagine, caused me to start longing for something better to wear.  What could it hurt to take one little look online?  The next thing I knew I was hours into binge watching Canadian teen soaps and receiving a confirmation e-mail from a vintage shop located in Montreal stating, “Thank you for your purchase!  Your vintage faux fur coat will ship shortly!”  God help me if I end up looking like a character from, “Degrassi,” in it.  Although, you have to admire this woman’s commitment to a theme.
   I guess the theme of this post is that I’m sick…in the head…wait no, that’s not it.  I’m sick of winter and as much as I’ve enjoyed wearing things like plaid wool skirts and leather gloves I’m ready for a change.  I’m obsessed with the idea of summer…that and apparently Canada.  Despite my desperation for milder weather I do hope I get to wear my Canadian vintage coat once before the temperatures change.  I consider it, “My wild St. Patty’s Day indulgence.”  I suspect there has already been a, “Degrassi,” episode entitled this.
-r.



Coat:  London Fog
Jacket:  Gap
Skirt:  Vintage
Wellies:  Juicy Couture
Purse:  (Gift)  Michael Kors
Gloves:  The Limited
 Sunglasses:  Kate Spade

No comments:

Post a Comment