Sunday, April 10, 2016

"What a difference a day makes!"













   Lately, I’ve been experiencing some pretty funky mood swings.  This is not because I’ve been obsessively listening to the Parliament album I reviewed this week on www.fitgap.blogspot.com.  Although if you want to discuss strange behavior, a solid example of it can be found in this bands' founding member, George Clinton.  Of course, Clinton combined eccentricity with enormous talent in order to create a persona for himself that is widely respected throughout the music industry.  Unfortunately, my strange behavior just makes me well…strange.
   The people who know me personally are probably reading this and thinking, “So? You’re always going through mood swings Rayna.”  I’m willing to admit that this statement is fairly accurate.  However, lately I feel like my emotional state has gotten even more unpredictable.  “Not possible,” you continue to think.  “Scary, ain’t it?” I answer. 
   Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I’m running around laughing hysterically at inappropriate things while mumbling curse words to myself.  In fact, that would be an example of extremely predictable behavior for me.  For the record, I see many individuals doing this type of thing and nobody seems to think they’re weird.  Yep, people just don’t judge at the public library. 
   Lately my, "mood swings," have been more subtle.  One afternoon I’ll be on top of the world about something funny I wrote, or how great my eyebrows looked in, “that one picture.”  Of course, the very next day I’ve already defined myself as a no talent hack who is way too old for a fashion blog and is two days shy of a unibrow.  Seriously though, I pluck my eyebrows daily and if I didn’t God only knows what my face would look like.  I worry about becoming elderly and how I'll be able to maintain my eyebrows if I’m too feeble to take care of them on my own.  Interestingly enough, I don’t worry about who will actually take care of me.  I just worry about my eyebrows.  Hey, I have priorities.
   Returning to the topic of moodiness, the other day I was on my way out the door in order to take pictures for this blog when I realized I just didn’t give a crap.  I had spent a decent amount of time putting on my makeup and picked out a fairly snazzy ensemble.  However, when I walked out the door I was greeted with those familiar howling prairie winds and another dreary day.  “That’s it!,” I thought and quickly folded up my tripod, walked immediately inside the house, and hopped back into bed, fully clothed, in order to take a nap.  Yes, I chose a nap over glamour shots!  What?!
   I guess if I was forced to define something as the cause of my recent woes I’d blame the weather.  A good example of this can be found in the above photographs.  These images are pictures I took of two consecutive days.  One of these mornings was full of gray skies and snow covered ground.  The very next day BAM!!!... “It’s spring lady!  There’s no snow so you better be happy!”  I guess I just can’t operate that way.  I need to ease into transitioning seasons.  There’s too much pressure to be in a good mood when the weather's nice.  Keeping this in mind, in the state of South Dakota “good,” weather never lasts too long.  
   Recently, the outdoor conditions have returned to doom and gloom.  This is the kind of weather I'm currently accustomed to. Unfortunately, I still feel like taking naps during the middle of the day.  However, my opinion of naps has now altered.  Seriously, what could be more glamorous than indulging in a midday snooze?  What adult really has the luxury to do this?  In addition, I can think of nothing more frivolous than dressing for bed.  In other words, for one to take the time to make up their face, fix their hair, and pick out a well-coordinated outfit simply to, “hit the hay,” is ridiculous…ly awesome.  I gotta say those soap opera stars are really onto something there.  Not only do they always look fantastic while waking up, they too, often find themselves laughing at inappropriate times and mumbling crazy things to no one.  I’ve concluded one can do all of this and not be judged if they're simply able to maintain fantastic hair...preferably while at the public library.
-r.



Outfit #1
Sweater:  Caslon
Jeans:  Liverpool 
Boots:  Vintage
Purse:  Vintage (Coach)
Scarf:  The Limited
Sunglasses:  Kate Spade

Outfit #2
Sweater Vest:  Fossil
Shirt:  7 for all mankind
Jeans:  Gap
Boots:  Ugg
Purse:  Sundance  (Gift from Mom)
Earrings:  Local artist
Necklace:  Thrifted
Sunglasses:  Vintage


No comments:

Post a Comment