Friday, January 24, 2014

Prelude




   I have always loved fashion.  Even as a little girl I would wait with anticipation for the big, "back to school," shopping trip.  This is where mom and I would pick all my new, "pretties," for the coming year.  I remember the pieces of clothing that meant the most to me and how I felt when I had them on.  Nothing could touch this otherwise, shy girl, when she had on her buckle in the back light pink leather belt with the fully studded heart on the front.  I just felt, "cool," when I often feared that I wasn't.  
   Interestingly enough, not a lot has changed from that little girl to the present thirty something woman I have become.  When I feel stressed, sad, or gasp...god forbid ugly I turn to fashion.  I feel like clothing transforms me into the person I want to be.  In my mind, the person I present through fashion is a small way I can control how the rest of the world perceives me. 
   Thus, the blog, "Little House of Haute" has been born.  In writing this blog I hope to achieve a sense of satisfaction through self reflection.  If other people find my musings or personal style interesting I am also content.  I plan to incorporate my love of art, music, film, and nature into my posts as these topics inspire my always evolving appearance.  I do not claim to be an expert.  I am a Midwestern woman who wears blue jeans about eighty percent of the time. However, I believe that even the simplest of styles can be striking with the right presentation and inspiration behind them.
   This being said, I continue to pour over fashion blogs, magazines, and catalogs in the never ending quest for the coming year's "pretties."    If these items happen to actually make me look prettier and not just feel that way, well, then more power to me.
-r.

No comments:

Post a Comment