Saturday, June 9, 2018

Hitch A Ride On The Ark












   Usually the success of an outfit is all about one’s creativity.  For example, the potential “meh,” ensemble featured above was one that I constructed almost entirely out of secondhand items.  I remember literally gasping upon finding this four dollar Banana Republic blazer at St. Vinnys.  “Certainly I can do something with this,” I thought while mentally redefining my hippie themed summer into a nautical one. 
   Upon further exploration I became befuddled by my beautiful blue blazer.  While I found this purchase to be a total no-brainer, I couldn’t quite wrap my head around the idea of how I was going to translate such a, “preppy,” piece into boho beachwear.  Basically, how was I going to make this jacket not look like just another day at my desk?
   Not that I haven’t enjoyed wearing this item to work.  In fact, most of my favorite articles of clothing are ones that I can dull down to wear professionally.  The reason being my classic excuse that, “Hey, I bought this for work!”  However, on my days off I tend to, “let my hair down,”…a little.  I like to jazz up my wardrobe a titch…get a tad edgy…let my freak flag fly.  Unfortunately, sometimes letting ones’, “freak flag fly,” simply makes an individual look like a freak. 
   In the end, I decided to resolve the conundrum I couldn’t wrap my head around with yet another one of my head wraps.  Honestly, hats and head wraps have become my answer for every, “bleh,” outfit.  I truly believe the key to curing most boring ensembles lies in accessories.  I certainly think this philosophy proved true in the above pictures.  Not only do I want to give myself creativity points for styling this outfit, I would like to toot my own horn for making the actual head wrap I’m wearing.   A while back I had been fumbling through my closet, shamefully looking at a bunch of cast off clothing I would never wear again.  Just as I was starting to feel the extreme guilt of hoarding take over I realized I could convert that too young tube top into a pretty bad ass head scarf.  Bony back be damned!  That rather spendy shirt I never felt confident wearing was finally going to pay off!
   I’m also proud to report my craftiness did not stop there.  Not only did I create a rather nice hair accessory out of a top that initially made me look like a skeleton, my creativity allowed me to finally scrape together enough dough for the Cult Gaia bag I’ve been eyeing for over a year now.  It took me forever to decide on a color and when this breathtaking lapis beauty finally arrived in the mail I instantly knew what jacket it was destined to debut with.  I left the house that day feeling like a million bucks…while carrying exactly no cash…which one could easily observe by looking through the gaps of my rather translucent handbag.  Despite the fact that I have been shamefully spending all of my money on funky purses lately, I believe a truly creative woman can justify this kind of frivolous behavior.  I mean, if these photographs don’t prove how damn cool the Ark Bag is then…
-r.

No comments:

Post a Comment