Saturday, May 19, 2018

The Future Is Amazing













   Okay...I’ll admit it.  I took these pictures months ago and that’s why I suddenly have shorter hair and bangs again.  However, despite the current time of year, it’s fairly chilly out today and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to post the fall pictures I never had time to feature. 
   At one point in my life this act would be unthinkable.  In fact, around the time I took these photographs I would have never considered posting images out of chronological order.  However, as I’ve stated before, I aim for this to be my carefree hippie summer and damn it, you have to start somewhere…right? 
   As a result, I no longer feel restrained by the stupid little rules I make up in my head.  If I want to post fall outfits in May I’m going to.  Especially when the weather outside is perfectly appropriate for this type of outfit.  In addition, I’ve given up strictly posting on Sunday mornings.  Look at me world!  It’s Saturday afternoon and I’ve got some free time.  I don’t think a lightning bolt will strike me if I publish today?...nah!…no?
   Most importantly, I no longer feel like I have to blather on about nothing for at least one Word Document page’s worth simply because that’s what I randomly decided my standard essay length should be.  I've finally decided I can write as little, or as much as I want.  No one cares!  Okay...actually that might not be true, considering there are a few friends of mine that have loyally kept reading this thing despite the drivel I’ve continually spewed out.  These kind and patient individuals might be delighted to hear I will be allowing myself to write less if there is simply nothing worth saying. I want to state I remain ever so grateful to those people.  You have kept my hobby alive, which in turn has kept me happy with my life. 
   …and that’s about all I’ve got.   Honestly the day so far has been pretty mellow.  I took the dogs for a walk…oh, I guess there was all those ticks I got to pick off everyone afterwards.  That was pretty exciting.  Then we got some tacos and now I’m trying to write about nothing.  Of course, this no longer stresses me out since I’ve gone through my, “Frankie", (Grace & Frankie) transformation.  My current self wants to go back in time to the perfectly coiffed individual in the above pictures and yell, “Hey!  Snap out of it!  Don’t worry!  A few months from now you’re going to be so laid back you’ll be posting crap on Saturdays!  Also, and this is the most important thing, you’ll be wearing a lot of cool hats!  The future is amazing!”
-r.

No comments:

Post a Comment